Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Love the Smell of New Kydex in the Morning

It smells like... awesome.

On the other side of the pistol shooting coin, I'll be picking up a carry holster and mag carrier for the new 1911 I wrote about earlier. Being a huge equipment need, I can't wait to get set up to carry a 1911 again, and I'm not one of these guys who demands his JMB masterpiece ride in a wooly mammoth leather thumb-break pancake holster trimmed in megaladon skin. Kydex is durable, fast, lightweight, and very comfortable, and I'm a Kydex kinda guy.

I've worn and shot from a number of different leather and Kydex holster manufacturers, with very mixed results. I'm happy to say I've found a local guy bending Kydex carry holsters that are every bit as comfortable, strong, well-made, and concealable as the nationally-known brands for a bit less money (until he's discovered) and a much better turnaround (again, until we flood his inbox with orders) than the big boys.

More on the holster maker and the new rig, coming soon... Stay tuned!!

For now, here's a really poorly-lit shot of the holster he built for our M&P Shield. Good stuff!






- Posted from somewhere on this big blue marble.

No comments:

Post a Comment