Monday, January 13, 2014

SHOT Starts Without Us This Year

Part of me wishes I was leaving for Las Vegas today, and another part of me (namely, my feet, legs, and lumbar vertebra) are glad I'm staying home this year.

Baby Normal is one of the two big reasons we're not attending the SHOT Show this year, the other being major business commitments and scheduling for the training business.

Truth be told, blisters and odd chafing aside, I'm gonna miss the show, miss the spectacle of Las Vegas, and everything that comes with piling into a crowded convention hall with some 60,000 of your closest friends.

Like meeting Julie Golob and introducing my wife to her.

...and meeting the creator of the S&W E-series 1911s and their monster 500 - he was a neat guy!

Getting my picture holding a suppressed M240 machine gun.

Seeing and holding just about every major, new, noteworthy, firearm coming on to the market.

And generally getting to go to what effectively amounts to the world's largest gun show while getting our grub on in celebrity restaurants while living on The Strip for a week.

Seeing just about every popular shooting personality and every professional shooter in the US manning booths, talking to attendees, and spotting various celebrities and people of high regard in our world.

I'll miss Vegas this year but I am very happy with where life has take me over the past 12 months.

- Posted from somewhere on this big blue marble.

No comments:

Post a Comment